Damien R. Zoubek is a partner in Cravath’s Corporate Department. His practice primarily encompasses mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and general corporate matters.
Mr. Zoubek’s recent transactions include representing:
- Johnson & Johnson in numerous acquisition and divestiture transactions, including its $19.7 billion acquisition of Synthes, its €1.75 billion acquisition of Crucell N.V., its $480 million acquisition of Micrus Endovascular, its $1 billion acquisition of Cougar Biotechnology, its $885 million investment in Elan plc and concurrent acquisition of Elan’s Alzheimer’s Immunotherapy Program, its $1.1 billion acquisition of Mentor Corporation, its acquisitions of Immunicon and HealthMedia, its $25 billion takeover battle for Guidant and the divestitures of its Professional Wound Care business and its Breast Care business;
- Burlington Northern Santa Fe in its $44 billion sale to Berkshire Hathaway;
- Lender Processing Services in its pending US$2.9 billion acquisition by Fidelity National Financial;
- Qualcomm in its $3.1 billion acquisition of Atheros;
- The independent directors of JDA Software Group in the $1.9 billion leveraged buyout of JDA by affiliates of New Mountain Capital;
- Arch Chemicals in its $1.4 billion sale to Lonza Group;
- AmerisourceBergen in its strategic relationship with Walgreens and Alliance Boots, its $250 million acquisition of TheraCom from CVS Caremark and its $520 million acquisition of World Courier;
- IBM in several acquisition transactions, including its acquisitions of StoredIQ, Emptoris, Cúram, TRIRIGA, Datacap, Coremetrics, Intelliden, Ounce Labs, FilesX and Corio;
- Alpharma in the $395 million sale of its Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients business to 3i;
- DreamWorks SKG in its $1.6 billion sale to Paramount Pictures;
- GTECH in its $4.8 billion sale to Lottomatica;
- Time in its $1.6 billion acquisition of IPC Group;
- Credit Suisse in connection with the credit bid by Credit Suisse, as agent on behalf of a group of secured lenders, for the acquisition of the Tropicana Casino & Resort in Atlantic City, New Jersey through a bankruptcy auction;
- Goldman, Sachs & Co. as financial advisor to Warner Music in its $3.3 billion sale to Access Industries, as financial advisor to Allergan in its $958 million acquisition of MAP Pharmaceuticals, as financial advisor to Renaissance Learning in its $455 million sale to Permira and as financial advisor to K‑Swiss in its $170 million sale to E. Land World; and
- Barclays Capital as financial advisor to Blackboard in its $1.64 billion sale to Providence Equity Partners and as financial advisor to Archipelago Learning in its $291 million sale to an affiliate of Thoma Bravo.
Mr. Zoubek has been repeatedly recognized as a leading lawyer in mergers and acquisitions by, among others, The Legal 500 in 2010; IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms in 2013; and Lawdragon’s 500 Leading Lawyers in America in 2011 and 2012. In 2012, Mr. Zoubek was recognized by Law360 as one of five outstanding attorneys in the nation under the age of 40 for his Corporate/M&A work and by The Legal 500 for his transactional work in the telecoms and broadcast arena.
Mr. Zoubek was born in Summit, New Jersey. He received a B.S. from Carnegie Mellon University in 1995 and a J.D. magna cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center in 1999, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif. He joined Cravath in 1999 and became a partner in 2007. From 2009 to 2011, Mr. Zoubek served as the Firm’s Corporate Hiring Partner.
Mr. Zoubek may be reached by phone at 212‑474‑1876 or by email at email@example.com.