Teena‑Ann V. Sankoorikal is a partner in Cravath’s Litigation Department.
Ms. Sankoorikal has a broad litigation practice, with particular experience in patent, copyright, trade secret and antitrust matters. A representative list of Ms. Sankoorikal’s matters includes:Copyright
- Arista Records LLC, et al. v. LimeWire LLC, et al.: Represented Warner Brothers Records and other record companies in a copyright infringement action brought against LimeWire.
- Anthony, et al. v. The New Dance Group Studio, et al.: Represented copyright owners in a copyright infringement action relating to a series of dance choreographic works.
- Compuware Corp. v. IBM Corp.: Represented IBM in a copyright infringement, theft of trade secrets and antitrust action brought by Compuware.
- Alarm.com Inc. v. Telular Corp.; iControl Networks, Inc. v. Alarm.com Inc.: Represented Alarm.com in patent infringement suits relating to interactive security solutions, which were settled on favorable terms.
- ITT Manufacturing Enterprises, Inc. v. CELLCO Partnership (d/b/a Verizon Wireless), et al.: Represented Qualcomm in a patent infringement suit relating to assisted‑GPS technologies.
- Broadcom Corp. v. Qualcomm Inc.: Represented Qualcomm in a patent infringement suit involving cell phone technology.
- QSGI, Inc. v. IBM Corp., et al.: Represented IBM in a suit involving, inter alia, antitrust issues with respect to policies regarding used IBM mainframe computers.
- Neon Enterprise Software, LLC v. IBM Corp.: Represented IBM in a suit involving, inter alia, antitrust claims, contractual provisions regarding reverse engineering and copyright infringement with respect to Neon’s zPrime software.
Ms. Sankoorikal co‑authored the Intellectual Property Law Answer Book, published by the Practising Law Institute, which is currently in its third edition.
In 2013, Ms. Sankoorikal was named a “Rising Star” by both New York Law Journal and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA). In 2012, she received the “Best Lawyers Under 40” award from the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association for her outstanding professional achievements and dedication to the Asian Pacific American community.
In 2013, Ms. Sankoorikal was elected to the Board of Directors for the Asian American Bar Association of New York. She was also elected District Vice President (Metropolitan District) of the Yale Science & Engineering Association.
Ms. Sankoorikal was born in New Haven, Connecticut. She received a B.S. in Chemistry cum laude from Yale University in 1996 and a J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania in 1999, where she was the Research Editor for the University of Pennsylvania Law Review. She joined Cravath in 1999 and became a partner in 2007.
Ms. Sankoorikal may be reached by phone at +1‑212‑474‑1784 or by email at email@example.com.