Yonatan Even is a partner in Cravath’s Litigation Department. He has a broad litigation practice, with a particular focus on antitrust (both regulatory and litigation), securities, intellectual property and general commercial litigation. Mr. Even’s clients have included Citigroup’s Outside Directors, Credit Suisse, Delta, Grupo Modelo, IBM, Liberty Mutual, Merrill Lynch’s Outside Directors, Mylan, NCR, Qualcomm, Royal KPN, Saint‑Gobain and Time Warner.
Mr. Even’s representative matters include:
- Advised Grupo Modelo, S.A.B. de C.V. on antitrust issues in connection with its US$20.1 billion acquisition by Anheuser‑Busch InBev.
- Advised Delta Air Lines on antitrust issues in connection with its proposed acquisition of 49% of Virgin Atlantic from Singapore Airlines and Delta’s related trans‑Atlantic joint venture with Virgin.
- Advising Saint‑Gobain on antitrust issues in connection with the proposed sale of its U.S. glass business to Ardagh and representing the company in litigation against the U.S. government.
- Representing NCR Corporation in an 11‑day bench trial and related appeals in connection with an environmental lawsuit brought by the U.S. government concerning the remediation of Wisconsin’s Fox River.
- Defended Qualcomm Incorporated in an antitrust action alleging that it conspired with AT&T and Motorola to impede the plaintiffs’ ability to offer 4G LTE services that would compete with AT&T’s services. The case was dismissed with prejudice.
- Defending Qualcomm Incorporated in an antitrust action alleging that it conspired with others to exclude technology owned by TruePosition, Inc. from the 4G LTE cellular standard.
- Advising Qualcomm Incorporated in connection with an antitrust investigation by the Korea Fair Trade Commission and associated judicial proceedings before the Korean courts relating to the sale of wireless modem chips.
- Successfully argued on behalf of Credit Suisse a motion to stay an arbitration proceeding filed by a former employee before FINRA, and to compel instead arbitration before AAA or JAMS, as required by the terms of Credit Suisse’s Employment Dispute Resolution Program.
- Represented Credit Suisse and certain of its officers in a class action filed in the aftermath of a restatement of the value of certain collateralized debt obligations. After two favorable rulings on motions to dismiss, the case was favorably settled.
- Represented Novartis Vaccines & Diagnostics in an appeal to the Second Circuit from a jury verdict.
- Represented 13 major record companies in obtaining summary judgment of infringement and liability in a lawsuit asserting copyright infringement against Lime Wire LLC.
- Represented Merrill Lynch’s Outside Directors in an employment‑related purported class action brought by former traders‑brokers. Secured the voluntary dismissal by plaintiffs of all claims against the Outside Directors following a favorable ruling on a motion to dismiss.
- Represented Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Time Warner Cable Inc. in purported class action litigation alleging antitrust violations by six major programming companies and seven cable and satellite providers based on “bundling” of programming channels. The action was dismissed at the motion to dismiss stage.
Mr. Even devotes a significant portion of his practice to pro bono service. He led the Cravath trial team that obtained a favorable jury verdict and damages for a former inmate at Arthur Kill state prison in a pro bono sexual assault trial against four prison guards and the Superintendent at the prison. Mr. Even was also part of the Cravath team that helped secure a landmark settlement for the Legal Aid Society on behalf of homeless families with children.
Mr. Even authored an article entitled, “Appropriability and Property,” which was published in the American University Law Review in 2009. He also authored an article entitled, “The Right of Integrity in Software: An Economic Analysis,” which was published in the Santa Clara Computer and High Technology Law Journal in 2006.
Mr. Even was born and raised in Hofit, Israel. He received an LL.B. magna cum laude from Tel Aviv University in 1999, where he was a member of the Moot Court and of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Criminal Justice, an LL.M. from Columbia Law School in 2004, where he was a Kent Scholar, and a J.S.D. from Columbia Law School in 2009. Mr. Even joined Cravath in 2006 and became a partner in 2012.
Mr. Even may be reached by phone at 212‑474‑1958 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.