add items to your
binder to email or
print all at once
Items In Binder
Site Lawyers
 
Dentsu Aegis Network's Accelerated Acquisition of 100% of Merkle

On April 15, 2020, Dentsu Aegis Network announced it has completed the purchase of Merkle, signing an agreement to acquire complete ownership of 100% of Merkle shares. Prior to this transaction, Dentsu Aegis Network owned 66% of Merkle shares with an option to buy the remaining 34% in Q3 2021. The accelerated purchase of the remaining shares, which involved the issuance of 4,743,300 common shares of Dentsu Group Inc., the parent company of Dentsu Aegis Network, means that Dentsu Aegis Network now owns 100% of Merkle. The financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Cravath represented Dentsu Aegis Network in connection with the transaction.

The Cravath team is led by partner David J. Perkins and includes associates Winnie Ling and Andrew J. Astore on M&A matters; partner J. Leonard Teti II and associate Kiran Sheffrin on tax matters; and partner Jonathan J. Katz and associate Christopher C. Gonnella on executive compensation and benefits matters.