Minh Van Ngo is a partner in Cravath’s Corporate Department. His practice primarily encompasses mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance matters. He advises companies, boards of directors and special committees in connection with M&A, corporate governance and crisis management, including consensual and hostile transactions, leveraged buyouts, strategic investments, takeover defense, proxy contests and hedge fund activism. His recent transactions include representing:
- The Williams Companies in its proposed $37.7 billion business combination transaction with Energy Transfer Equity and its $8.7 billion proposal to acquire all the outstanding shares of Southern Union Company;
- Life Technologies Corporation in its $15.8 billion sale to Thermo Fisher Scientific;
- The board of directors of Massey Energy in connection with the company’s $8.5 billion sale to Alpha Natural Resources;
- Affiliated Computer Services in its acquisition by Xerox Corporation for approximately $8.4 billion;
- Air Products and Chemicals in its unsolicited offer to acquire all outstanding shares of Airgas for approximately $7 billion;
- The board of directors of National City Corporation in connection with the company’s $5.2 billion acquisition by PNC Financial Services Group;
- Universal Health Services in its acquisition of Psychiatric Solutions for approximately $3.1 billion;
- Hertz in its $2.6 billion acquisition of Dollar Thrifty Group and in connection with Avis’s competing interest in acquiring Dollar Thrifty Group;
- Mylan in its acquisition of certain female healthcare businesses from Famy Care for $750 million in cash plus additional contingent payments of up to $50 million;
- The special committee of the board of directors of CNH Global in connection with the merger of Fiat Industrial and CNH Global with and into CNH Industrial;
- IBM in various acquisitions and other strategic transactions;
- The Container Store in its exploration of strategic alternatives and resulting financial partnership with private investment firm Leonard Green & Partners;
- NNS Holding in connection with the negotiation of various corporate governance arrangements with respect to Texas Industries; and
- The Kuwait Sovereign Fund in capital restructurings with respect to several of its investments.
Mr. Van Ngo was recognized by The Legal 500 for his work in mergers and acquisitions in 2010 and 2013. He was also recognized as a leading lawyer in mergers and acquisitions by IFLR1000 in 2016 and 2017.
Mr. Van Ngo is from California. He received a B.A. summa cum laude from Duke University in 1998 and a J.D. from Yale Law School in 2001. Mr. Van Ngo joined Cravath in 2001 and became a partner in 2009.
Mr. Van Ngo may be reached at +1‑212‑474‑1465 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.