Yonatan Even is a partner in Cravath’s Litigation Department. He has a broad litigation practice, with a particular focus on antitrust (both regulatory and litigation), intellectual property and general commercial litigation. Mr. Even’s clients have included Anheuser‑Busch InBev, Delta, Grupo Modelo, IBM, Mylan, NCR, Qualcomm, Saint‑Gobain and Scientific Games.
Mr. Even’s representative matters include:
- Representing Qualcomm Incorporated in litigation arising from competition issues, including suits filed by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and Apple, and advising the company in connection with ongoing antitrust litigations against the Korean Fair Trade Commission.
- Representing Qualcomm Incorporated on antitrust issues in connection with its pending acquisition of NXP Semiconductors N.V., which was announced in October 2016.
- Advised Anheuser‑Busch InBev SA/NV on antitrust issues in the United States in connection with its $123 billion acquisition of SABMiller plc and the $12 billion divesture of SABMiller’s U.S. and global Miller‑branded businesses to Molson Coors Brewing Company. Won the dismissal of a consumer antitrust suit filed in Oregon federal court challenging the merger.
- Defended Qualcomm Incorporated in an antitrust action alleging that it conspired with AT&T and Motorola to impede plaintiffs’ ability to offer 4G LTE services that would compete with AT&T’s services. The case was dismissed with prejudice.
- Defended Qualcomm Incorporated in an antitrust action alleging that it conspired with others to exclude technology owned by TruePosition, Inc. from the 4G LTE cellular standard. The case settled on favorable terms to Qualcomm.
- Advised Scientific Games Corporation on antitrust issues in connection with its $5.1 billion acquisition of Bally Technologies, Inc.
- Advised Mylan N.V. on antitrust issues in connection with its unsolicited offer to acquire Perrigo Company for approximately $35 billion.
- Represented NCR Corporation in two bench trials relating to the environmental remediation of Wisconsin’s Fox River and Michigan’s Kalamazoo River.
- Advised Grupo Modelo, S.A.B. de C.V. on antitrust issues in connection with its $20.1 billion acquisition by Anheuser‑Busch InBev and represented the company in litigation against the U.S. government.
- Advised Delta Air Lines on antitrust issues in connection with its acquisition of 49% of Virgin Atlantic from Singapore Airlines and Delta’s related trans‑Atlantic joint venture with Virgin.
- Advised Compagnie de Saint‑Gobain on antitrust issues in connection with the sale of its U.S. glass business to Ardagh and represented the company in litigation against the U.S. government.
- Successfully argued on behalf of Credit Suisse a motion to stay an arbitration proceeding filed by a former employee before FINRA, and to compel instead arbitration before AAA or JAMS, as required by the terms of Credit Suisse’s Employment Dispute Resolution Program.
Mr. Even devotes a significant portion of his practice to pro bono service. He led a Cravath trial team that obtained a favorable jury verdict and damages for a former inmate at Arthur Kill state prison in a pro bono sexual assault trial against four prison guards and the prison’s Superintendent.
In 2014 and 2015, Mr. Even was recognized for his antitrust work by The Legal 500 United States. He was also recognized for his litigation work in the 2016 and 2017 editions of Benchmark Litigation.
Mr. Even was born and raised in Hofit, Israel. He received an LL.B. magna cum laude from Tel Aviv University in 1999, where he was a member of the Moot Court and of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Criminal Justice, an LL.M. from Columbia Law School in 2004, where he was a Kent Scholar, and a J.S.D. from Columbia Law School in 2009. Mr. Even joined Cravath in 2006 and became a partner in 2012.
Mr. Even is a member of the International Bar Association.
Mr. Even may be reached by phone at +1‑212‑474‑1958 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.