Associate life is enhanced by a range of employee benefits and support programs.
Cravath offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive and flexible employee benefits package for associates that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision care and life insurance for all eligible associates, spouses and their children
- Four weeks of vacation each year
- Short- and long-term disability benefits
- Child care leave for associates following the birth, adoption or foster care placement of a child, consisting of four weeks paid leave
- Primary caregiver leave for associates following the birth, adoption or foster care placement of a child if the associate is the primary caregiver, consisting of eight weeks paid leave
- Adoption leave for associates in connection with becoming adoptive or foster care parents, consisting of child care leave and primary caregiver leave
- Eligibility to make 401(k) contributions with pre-tax dollars and voluntary contributions with after-tax dollars
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Business travel and accident insurance
- Pre-tax Mass Transit Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site emergency child care
- Subsidized corporate membership at participating health clubs
- Annual bar association membership dues and biennial registration
Additionally, we pay for a bar review course and bar examination fees and offer a generous relocation package, a starting bonus and an interest-free loan to incoming associates.
Additional benefits include:
- On-site cafeteria
- Parking reimbursement program
- Bank-at-work program, on-site ATMs and cashier
- Discount for medical evacuation membership program
- Student Loan Refinancing
- Discount for home (including renters) and/or auto insurance
- Discount for pet insurance
- Discount for defensive driving courses
- Will preparation and estate resolution services
Incoming associates who have completed a qualifying clerkship receive a clerkship bonus of $50,000; those who have completed a clerkship of two years or two one-year clerkships will receive a bonus of $70,000 (in lieu of the $50,000 bonus described above). Incoming associates who have completed one or more qualifying clerkships will receive one year of class credit for partnership consideration purposes. In addition, they will receive a year of credit for compensation purposes, up to a maximum of two years, for each year they clerked. Incoming associates who have completed a U.S. Supreme Court clerkship (and at least one other qualifying clerkship) will receive an additional bonus and two years of class credit for all purposes.
For both men and women, we provide four weeks of paid child care leave and, if applicable, an additional eight weeks of primary caregiver leave following a birth or an adoption. For women who give birth, these leaves are in addition to six to eight weeks of paid maternity leave, resulting in up to 18 to 20 weeks of paid leave benefits following the birth of a child.
When parents return to work, the Firm’s Christine Beshar Children’s Center is open seven days a week for a combination of regular child care and back up/emergency child care.
The Firm makes part-time work arrangements available to allow associates to fulfill family responsibilities or other obligations on a case-by-case basis. The availability of part-time arrangements may vary among the Firm’s Departments and depends upon the needs of each practice group, client needs, the level of the associate’s experience and the degree of flexibility in the desired arrangements. One partner from each Department is responsible for supervising the part-time program in that Department.
To assist part-time associates’ ability to work from home, the Firm provides all part-time associates with a home computer, a combination printer/fax machine and a second phone line.
Associate Re-entry Program
We have an associate re-entry program that is designed to foster a connection between the Firm and those associates who leave the Firm for primarily family-related reasons. The program offers these associates continued access to the Firm, including a designated partner who will maintain periodic contact, access to in-house CLE training, reimbursement for biennial registration and annual bar association membership dues and invitations to certain Firm events. This program is not gender-specific, and we hope that these former associates will consider returning to the Firm if they decide to practice law again.